Friday 8 November 2013

Murugammal Stalin Shares her Success Story..................

I was born in 1980 in Pondicherry. Both my parents were working as laborers in agriculture. I had an elder sister and a brother. When I was doing my 4th standard my sister passed away, due to health issues. When I was 20 years old, I lost my father. My brother is married now.

When I was 12 years old I attained puberty. I was in my 7th standard. Just because I didn’t have any financial supports, I quitted school. One day I just didn’t have money to buy new books so I quit my complete schooling.

In the year 1993 I came to Chennai, to my cousin’s sister place. I fell in love with a man, my cousin’s sister’s neighbor. Since I quitted school I couldn’t read but one day, he gave me a letter with a marriage proposal. I knew it was a love letter so I was happy but I couldn’t understand it!

In a year time we got married. I was 14 years old. By the age of 20, I had 3 children. My husband had a heart problem but he and his parents didn’t tell me when we got married. Love was more important to him.

One day my husband had a breathing problem, so we went to the doctor. He said that he had a heart problem and will live only for ten years. I wrote a letter to the government and I had a 200 lakhs as a fund for my husband problems. But 200 lakhs was not enough for my husband’s problem. That’s when I heard about speedtrust and the fact that they help poor people, so I approach them to help my husband. Phillipe understood my problems and the health of my husband, and he started to help us.

Just because I couldn’t buy a note book that day I quit my school but now I realize that I should have continued. When I look at my children I want to see them as a doctor or engineer and I don’t want to see them suffering like me.

I have four children: My first daughter’s name is Saranya, she’s16 years old. My second son name is Saran, he is doing 7th standard. Sandya, my third daughter is in 6th standard, she studies well. Soumiya, my 4th daughter, is doing UPG.

One day I was coming to CMBT bus stop, and a lady approached me and handled a baby to me. I offered the lady to sit down. The lady said I can just keep the baby for her and pretended to step aside. By the time I reached central bus stop I couldn’t find the lady. I went to the police and explained the story. The police asked me to put the baby in an orphanage. But my husband didn’t want to send the baby to the orphanage because the baby was just born, it was an hour or two old. The baby wasn’t even washed completely. The nostril was not even cut. We bought a certificate to the government and the hospital so the baby was one of us and legally certified as our daughter. I don’t feel any burden for the baby. As long as I have energy, hands and legs I can definitely work hard for my family and children.

After the baby entered my family my husband health started becoming worse than before. We could hardly have any food at home.

There are no jobs that I haven’t tried to earn money. I had tea shop, petty shop, made breakfast in the morning and sold it in the slum… Right after our marriage, my husband and I didn’t work. Because of his health issue he couldn’t go for work, and I couldn’t neither because we had small children at home and the baby. I couldn’t leave her to go at work because she was so small. When Smaya was three years old my husband passed away. I looked after him for the past ten years. 20 days he was at hospital and 10 days at home: Mustapha’s days were spent at the hospital. Speedtrust offered me a job as a housekeeper. Then I expressed my heart to learn auto rickshaw.


Now I’ve got an auto-rickshaw of my own, with the help of speedtrust. I am determined to live my life and to bring up my family to a better standard. I’m happy to drive an auto rickshaw and I want to pay my due properly and take care of my family. 





No comments:

Post a Comment